The Yoga of 12 Step Recovery in Havana, Cuba with Nikki Myers
Saturday May 6th, to Friday, May 12th, 2017
With Nikki Myers
Join us for 5 incredible Days in Cuba!
After a visit to Havana earlier this year, all I could envision was bringing the Y12SR posse back. This trip is that dream come true! Please join us for an amazing adventure that includes a Havana immersion, connecting with the Cuban 12-step recovery community and the Cuban yoga community, daily Y12SR meetings and practices, and so much more. You are invited to the inaugural Y12SR Cuba Immersion!
In addition, we will spend the week learning about the art, dance, music, history, social justice and politics within this “off-limits” island. Prepare to absorb and grow. We will weave daily Y12SR practices into this experience in one of the most fascinating cities in the world! Engage with and come to understand the Cuban people and walk away with a deeper understanding of Cuba’s story – past, present and future.
Satya Retreats is excited to offer this unique cultural immersion in collaboration with Altruvistas! Satya Retreats and Altruvistas are partnering to create a personal and transformative experience that will last a lifetime.
Our goal is to provide an ethical, comprehensive, educational and philanthropic travel experience so that you can have the adventure of a lifetime: a culturally insightful, engaging, comfortable, and worry-free journey that synergistically benefits the local economy, your hosts, important causes— and even highlights the good work you are doing in the world!
Join Nikki Myers, Satya Retreats & Altruvistas for an intimate immersion into the culture and recovery community of Havana, Cuba!
** This will be a very intimate cultural immersion into Y12SR in Havana with Nikki and space is limited to 11 guests **
This is a licensed people to people tour and compliant with current OFAC travel restrictions governing Cuba travel.
Click here to view our itinerary (the PDF file will open in new window)
Nikki Myers developed Yoga of 12-Step Recovery (Y12SR) in 2004. Nikki is an accomplished yoga therapist, teacher and somatic experiencing practitioner. She is the founder of CITYOGA School of Yoga and Health in Indianapolis, IN. From her personal struggles with addiction, Nikki is quick to tell the world, “The 12-step program and Yoga saved my life – one is my lifeboat, the other my launching pad.”
To read more about Nikki, visit: www.y12sr.com
- Round Trip Charter Air from Miami-Havana-Miami on 5/7 & 5/12
- VIP Check in w/ Altruvistas in Miami on 5/7
- Cuban Visa & Cuban Health Insurance
- Round Trip Airport Transfer in Havana
- 5 Night’s Accommodations in Havana in a private home
- 2 Meals Per Day (Daily Breakfast, and either Lunch or Dinner)
- Daily Y12SR With Nikki each morning
- Daily 12 Step Meetings w/ local recovery community in Havana
- Daily tours & activities w/ English speaking local guides
- Lecture offered by local historian/architect on Havana
- Bottled drinking water on bus while touring
- Trip Manager to support and manage the week’s events
- Gratuities for Drivers and Local Guides for the week
- Gratuities for all housekeeping staff and wait staff at included meals
- Talk on the History of Yoga in Cuba with celebrated Cuban Yoga Teacher, Eduardo Pimentel
- Special Yoga teachings & exchange with local Cuban teachers
- Salsa Class
- Entrance Fees to Museums
- NGO Visit Donations
- Walking/Guided tour of Old Havana
- Additional cultural events TBD – exact schedule TBD closer to departure
- Air to/from Miami not included– we will gather in Miami on the eve of 5/6, and will take a chartered flight together from Miami to Havana very early on the morning of 5/7
- Cuban Departure Tax ($25 USD per person)
- Travel Insurance – strongly recommended, see travel insurance tab)
- Miami Hotel (Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Hotel recommended) 1 night – 5/6
- 1 Meal each day – either lunch or dinner – 2 meals included in your package
- Cabs home each night from 12 Step Meetings
- Additional excursions not listed on itinerary & any extras, club entrance fees, etc. – estimated at $5-$25 per person
**Itinerary is subject to change – Daily Schedule will be finalized closer to departure **
[formidable id=13 title=true description=true]