Restore, Relax, Rejuvenate:
Fourth Annual Yoga Retreat to Mexico with Michelle Cordero
Sunday, February 17th to Saturday, February 23rd, 2019
With Michelle Cordero, MFA, E-RYT 500, RPYT
How do we feed ourselves, literally and figuratively? In order to live a vibrant life, we have to take a good feel inside and get to know our deepest desires. When we slow down, we relax enough to access the inner wisdom of our body. In the yoga practice of Svadhyaya, or self study, the yoga mat becomes our microscopic slide. We place ourselves on it every day to begin to find out what feeds us? What depletes us? We get nutrients not only from the food we eat, but from our healthy relationships, successful careers and being part of supportive communities among other delights. As with any food, how we digest or take in the nutrients is critical to our life. Learn the importance of taking time out and giving back to yourself. Nourish the parts of you that so desperately need attention.
On this retreat, you will feel yourself begin to decompress from the moment you set foot on the property. There are so many ways to soak up the beauty of this incredible retreat center: lay on the beach, go for a swim, take a walk, read, meditate, make new friends. Get out of your routine with everything taken care of for you – three delicious farm to table fresh Mexican meals; eco-luxury accommodations; two yoga classes per day with Michelle; and plenty of time to just…BE. You do you, every day every moment.
Toward the end of the week, you will have an opportunity to experience a local indigenous purification tradition, the “Temazcal” sweat lodge ceremony. Enter the handcrafted ceramic dome to sweat it out, set intentions, and connect with the earth and the fire, guided by the local woman (Lupita) who helped to create this sacred space. This ceremony is used for purification and prayer. Come ready to sweat and smile. Leave your old self behind, and emerge fresh and rejuvenated.
Our retreat center is small and intimate, space is limited and will likely sell fast! Your $500 Non-Refundable “Placeholder” deposit will secure your spot!
Michelle has spent the last twenty two years exploring several styles of Hatha Yoga in depth: Ashtanga, Jivamukti, Yogaworks, Vinyasa Flow and Anusara. In 2002 she met Ana Forrest and was inspired by her style enough to fulfill the rigorous requirements to become a Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher. A teacher’s teacher, Michelle is one of the creators and Lead Trainers of Stellarflow 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training in Berkeley. She also travels extensively leading workshops and trainings around the globe. Tremendously skilled at tailoring the practice to meet the needs of each individual student, Michelle will ask you to challenge yourself safely. You will learn to listen to your body and work with the breath in order to find deeper levels of flexibility and strength that may surprise you. Michelle’s vibrant personality and sense of humor add a dash of fun and playfulness into the mix.
Learn more about Michelle and visit her website, www.michellecordero.com
- 6 nights beachfront accommodations, including all taxes
- Coffee/Tea and fresh agua fresca + light snacks offered throughout each day
- All Meals ~ deliciously healthy and *amazing* home-cooked, mostly vegetarian with fish options – Farm to Table!
- Twice daily yoga practice with Michelle in a tropical setting where the ocean and mountains/jungle are your backdrop! (mats & props provided) **we will take 1 afternoon off mid-week where there will be a morning practice only, to allow for optional activities & excursions in the afternoon**
- Roundtrip Airport Transfers (fly into Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo) IMPORTANT NOTE: please coordinate flight arrival & departure times with us in order to have your transportation covered.
- All gratuities included
- There will be an optional Mayan Sweat Lodge (Temazcal) offered for our group during the “free” afternoon mid-week. Temazcal, is a traditional Mayan purification ceremony. It’s similar to the sweat lodge, found in the Western United States. Temazcal guides offer unique ceremonies that are cleansing and that can cure or relieve symptoms of many ailments. The temazcal is a spiritual ceremony conducted within a hot vapor bath.
- Not included: Airfare, travel insurance, massage, or other activities
Rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis.
Earlybird pricing good until October 1st. On October 2nd, pricing will
increase by $150.
Your $500 Non-Refundable “Placeholder” deposit will secure your spot!
If you prefer to share your room we will do our best to match you with a roommate. If we
are unable to do so a supplement may apply.
*Below Prices are per person*
Eco Casita Queen:
Single = $2785
Double = $2236
Deluxe Suite: (1 king + 1 trundle bed)
Double = $2179
Triple = $2015
Studio Double: (2 single beds, simple and lovely, private bath is downstairs on lower
level) = $1948
King Eco-Casita: (1 king + 2 single beds)
Triple = $2130
Quad = $1861
We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By purchasing a comprehensive plan, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel after the said cancellation deadline. Please refer to our Travel Insurance Tab for a reputable company.
Earlybird pricing good until October 1st. On October 2nd, pricing will increase by $150.
A $500 Non-Refundable “placeholder” deposit will secure your spot
You are welcome to either pay the $500 non-refundable placeholder deposit, or you may also opt to pay for your retreat in full.
- If you pay the non-refundable $500 placeholder deposit then the balance is due on or before December 17th, 2018.
- If you’ve opted to pay the $500 deposit, we will invoice you for the remaining balance
- Full retreat payment due by December 17th, 2018
- No refunds or cancellations after December 17th, 2018.
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By purchasing a comprehensive plan, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel after the said cancellation deadline. Please refer to our Travel Insurance Tab for a reputable company.
Please read through the Terms & Conditions agreement before registering for this retreat. The agreement will open in new window.
Thank you for taking the time to read through, agree to, and respect our terms and conditions. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to offering you our very best in the way of service, support and attention as you prepare for your retreat!
We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By investing in a comprehensive plan at the time you commit to your retreat, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel for any reason.