Learning & Listening Cultural Immersion and Yoga Tour with Seane Corn
Monday July 10th – Sunday July 16th, 2017
With Seane Corn
Join Seane in South Dakota for a “Learning & Listening Tour” into the Holy Land of the Lakota.
We will learn the history of the Native People from those who are directly affected, including the social and cultural impact that governmental interference, oppression, discrimination and genocide have had on their community. We will also learn about the enduring power of their traditions, myths, sacred practices and ceremony.
We will have the opportunity to speak with Standing Rock activists, in order to better understand the importance of this historical and ceremonial action to preserve both the rights of the indigenous people, as well as the protection of our earth from further degradation.
In our daily yoga practice with Seane, we will integrate what we are witnessing and experiencing on this very unique cultural immersion into the sacred Black Hills!
Native America is deeply rooted in traditions, ceremony, earth connections and the spiritual quest for the sacred. Our journey reflects the Native Quest, with your Lakota guides offering new knowledge and understanding of tribal arts, song, language and dance. Daily field trips are led by traditional Lakotas to sacred sites, to consider the stereotypes and social challenges that still hold the People in desperate physical poverty, yet will never subdue their courage, tenacity and spirit in retaining their bond with this special land.
The sacred Black Hills are the Holy Land of the Lakota People. As you enter He Sapa, the sacred Black Hills of South Dakota, the Holy Land of the Lakota, all you have ever imagined about the Plains Indian Nations dances before you. In this unique blend of East Meets West, you will traverse the wide open prairies, shining mountains and mighty rivers of the Great Sioux Nation. You will visit sacred sites, some infamous and others off the beaten path, and hear of legendary souls such as Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse, stand where they stood, see what they saw and feel their struggles and triumphs.
Join Seane Corn for this unique yoga journey, where in addition to our daily Asana practice, we will also open to the yoga of listening & learning – we will stretch our minds and our bodies together in the spirit of expanding our knowledge and experience!
Enter the Circle and learn the Native mantra of Mitakuye Oyasin – We Are All Related
Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching that incorporates both the physical and mystical aspects of the practice of yoga. Her classes integrate dynamic vinyasa flow asana (linking movement with breath) with the application of precise alignment, meditation, visualization, intention and prayer to create an inner journey towards healing and empowerment.
To read more about Seane, visit: www.seanecorn.com
- 6 Night’s Accommodations in Rapid City and the Black Hills (July 10 & 15 in Rapid City, July 11-14 in the Black Hills)
- Daily early morning coffee/tea service
- Daily Vegetarian Breakfast & 3 Vegetarian Group Dinners
- Daily Yoga Practice with Seane
- 5 full day tours to cultural, historical and spiritual sites. led by local, indigenous guides (View our itinerary)
- 2 Trip Managers to support and manage the week’s events
- Gratuities for group meals (6 breakfasts & 3 dinners)
- All ground transportation (12-15 passenger vans)
- Round Trip Airport transfers compliments of Rapid City Hotel on arrival & departure days – please arrange with Front Desk
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities For Daily Housekeeping at both hotels (suggested tipping: $3 Per Person/Per Day = $18 Total Per Person for 6 days). This is standard, yet optional. Please give what you feel comfortable giving
- Lunches & 3 Dinners
- Alcoholic Beverages ** this is an alcohol-free retreat**
[formidable id=14 title=true description=true]