Culture and Yoga Immersion to Cuba with Seane Corn
Sunday April 24th – Sunday May 1st, 2016
With Seane Corn
Join Seane Corn this coming April on a unique journey, a Culture and Yoga Immersion to Havana, Cuba! We will spend the week stretching our boundaries, learning about the art, dance, music, history, social justice and politics within this “off-limits” island. Prepare to absorb and grow. We will weave daily yoga into this journey through one of the most fascinating cities in the world! Engage with and come to understand the Cuban people and walk away with a deeper understanding of Cuba’s story – past, present and future.
Satya Retreats is excited to offer this unique cultural immersion in collaboration with Cross Cultural Journeys Foundation. Satya Retreats and Cross Cultural Journeys Foundation (CCJF) are partnering to create a personal and transformative experience that will last a lifetime.
Since 1998, Cross Cultural Journeys Foundation has offered legal People-to-People experiences in Cuba. During this time they have built meaningful relationships with local organizations, NGOs (non-governmental organizations) artists, musicians, entrepreneurs, doctors, architects and everyday citizens.
We are thrilled to be offering this very special immersion, combining Cuba’s rich culture and history with Seane’s gifted yoga teachings!
Click here to view our itinerary (the PDF file will open in new window)
Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching that incorporates both the physical and mystical aspects of the practice of yoga. Her classes integrate dynamic vinyasa flow asana (linking movement with breath) with the application of precise alignment, meditation, visualization, intention and prayer to create an inner journey towards healing and empowerment.
To read more about Seane, visit: www.seanecorn.com
- 7 Night’s Accommodations in Havana, hotel TBD closer to departure
- Daily early morning coffee/tea/fruit service prior to Yoga
- 2 Meals Per Day (Daily Breakfast, and either Lunch or Dinner)
- Daily Yoga With Seane each morning @ our hotel
- Daily tours & activities w/ English speaking local guides – exact schedule TBD closer to departure
- Lecture offered by local historian/architect on Havana
- Lecture offered by recognized Cuban Musicologist offering in depth talks on lyrics, chants and history of the 5 main categories of Cuba music: Son, Rumba, Cancion, Danzon and Punto Guajiro
- 2 bottles of water per person on bus while touring
- 2 Trip Managers to support and manage the week’s events
- Gratuities for Drivers and Local Guides for the week
- Gratuities for Bell Staff @ Hotel and for all included meals
- Special yoga event ~ Talk on the History of Yoga in Cuba with celebrated Cuban Yoga Teacher, Eduardo Pimentel, followed by a yoga practice co-led by Eduardo & Seane. “Meet & Greet” breakfast to follow practice with Eduardo Pimentel and a group of his yoga students.
- Air Not Included– we will gather in Miami and will take a chartered flight together from Miami to Havana very early on the morning of 4/24 – charter flight cost MIA-HAV-MIA is $600 – this includes all taxes, Cuban visa, & medical insurance for the 7 days we are in Cuba – this will be booked by Cross Cultural Journeys down the road – we will provide you with guidance as it gets closer.
- Travel Insurance
- Miami Hotel (Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Hotel recommended) 1 night – 4/23
- Gratuities For Daily Housekeeping (suggested tipping: $1 CUC/Per Person Per Day = $7 Total Per Person for 7 days)
- Gratuities for CCJF Trip Manager
- 1 Meal each day – either lunch or dinner – 2 meals included in your package
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional excursions not listed on itinerary & any extras, club entrance fees, etc. – estimated at $5-$25 per person
**Itinerary is subject to change – Daily Schedule will be finalized closer to departure **