Race in America New Orleans ~ A Learning & Listening Journey.
Please join us for a 5 day/night in-person historical, anti-racism immersion hosted by Nikki Myers & Seane Corn! Featuring a variety of local experts & collaborators.
In person: Monday, October 2nd to Saturday, October 7th, 2023
Everyone in America is affected by race and racism. We are thrilled to offer our 4th Annual Race in America Learning and Listening Immersion – a journey that supports understanding this complex and provocative topic through the lens of the systems, structures, and ideas that keep it alive and well.
This will be an in-person journey to New Orleans, where we will explore and learn about History of the People, Culture, Spirituality, Religion, Music, Food/Cooking, and more!
Through lecture, discussion, and experience, we will examine NOLA today through the lens of White Supremacy and how this shows up in culture, policy, law, living spaces, etc.
Join your hosts, Nikki Myers and Seane Corn, and a team of local experts for this 5-day immersion, where together, we will Listen and Learn.
Our daily yoga practices with Seane and Nikki will serve to integrate our experiences across our body, mind, energy, character, and heart.
Race in America is a journey of education, inspiration, healing, and celebration that will ultimately move us closer to our individual and collective healing. We are thrilled and honored to be in collaboration with various local experts such as:
There will be additional special guests/facilitators as well!
Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching that incorporates both the physical and mystical aspects of the practice of yoga. Her classes integrate dynamic vinyasa flow asana (linking movement with breath) with the application of precise alignment, meditation, visualization, intention and prayer to create an inner journey towards healing and empowerment.
To read more about Seane, visit: www.seanecorn.com
Nikki Myers developed Yoga of 12-Step Recovery (Y12SR) in 2004. Nikki is an accomplished yoga therapist, teacher and somatic experiencing practitioner. She is the founder of CITYOGA School of Yoga and Health in Indianapolis, IN. From her personal struggles with addiction, Nikki is quick to tell the world, “The 12-step program and Yoga saved my life – one is my lifeboat, the other my launching pad.”
To read more about Nikki, visit: www.y12sr.com
Included: **please stay tuned for the daily schedule which will be posted/shared shortly**
- 5 nights accommodations in New Orleans, including all taxes (mostly shared rooms, some singles available)
- Daily, full breakfast, starting on 10/3 and ending on 10/7
- 2 lunches (10/4 & 10/5)
- Daily yoga practices with Seane & Nikki w/ the exception of 1 day (please bring your own mat and any props you may need)
- Processing Circles *as scheduled* with Seane & Nikki
- All tours and entrance fees + transportation to various tours as scheduled
- Special, local guest speakers on two days – TBD – stay tuned!
- Gratuities included for hotel staff (housekeeping, meals)
- Airfare, airport transfers, travel insurance (strongly advised), dinners, 2 lunches, and any additional excursions or outings. We may need to take an Uber/Lyft here and there which would not be included. Gratuities for guides on excursion days are not included.