“It’s that mind-heart connection that I believe compels us to not just be attentive to all the bright and dazzling things but also the dark and difficult things.” ~ Bryan Stevenson
Everyone in America is affected by race and racism. We are thrilled to offer our 3rd Annual Race in America Learning and Listening Immersion – a journey that supports the understanding of this complex and provocative topic through the lens of the systems, structures, and ideas that keep it alive and well.
Through lecture, discussion, and experience at historically relevant sites in Montgomery and Selma, AL, we will examine the institution of slavery, the Civil War and Jim Crow periods, the Civil Rights movement, and the white supremacy and black liberation movements of today.
Join Nikki Myers and Seane Corn for this 5-day immersion into Montgomery and Selma! Some of the sites we will visit include: the Equal Justice Initiative’s Legacy Museum and National Memorial for Peace & Justice, the Edmund Pettus Bridge on our day trip to Selma, and more. We will also have some incredible guest speakers joining us.
Our daily yoga practices with Seane and Nikki will serve to integrate our experiences across our bodies, mind, energy, character, and heart.
Race in America is a journey of education, inspiration, healing, and celebration that will ultimately move us closer to our individual and collective healing.
“Deeply challenging and transformative trip that demanded a profound engagement of body, mind, heart, and soul. The facilitation and leadership were skilled, knowledgeable, caring, well-versed in the necessary practices to heighten our experience as well as help to move us through with sensitivity and grace.” -Race in America Learning & Listening Journey Participant, October 2018
“Lifechanging on a cellular level. This trip met my highest expectations! “-Race in America Learning & Listening Journey Participant, October 2018
To view our itinerary, click here. Itinerary subject to change.
*Earlybird* pricing as noted on Retreat Cost Tab is available until May 15th. On May 16th, prices increase by $200.
Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching that incorporates both the physical and mystical aspects of the practice of yoga. Her classes integrate dynamic vinyasa flow asana (linking movement with breath) with the application of precise alignment, meditation, visualization, intention and prayer to create an inner journey towards healing and empowerment.
To read more about Seane, visit: www.seanecorn.com
- 5 night’s accommodations including all taxes in Montgomery, AL
- 2 meals each day as specified on itinerary, 3 meals included on 10/30
- Daily Yoga Practice and several Processing Circles with Nikki & Seane
- Tour Bus as needed
- Local Guides as needed
- Entrance to Museums, Memorials + donations to organizations we will be visiting
- Day trip to Selma
- Lectures/Special Guest Speakers & Workshops as scheduled throughout the trip – we have 4 special guests this year!
- Tips for provided meals, driver tip for Bus service
- Air in/out of Montgomery (MGM) Airport on 10/26 & 10/31 (MGM Airport is approximately 10 miles from our hotel)
- Airport transfers (Uber or Cab)
- 1 Meal per day for 4 out of 5 days is not inlcluded (as per itinerary)
- Gratuities for housekeeping. (Suggested/standard tip is $3/day per person.) Please give what you feel comfortable and inspired to give, always optional.
- Gratuities for meals not include and any “extra” activities/outings.
- Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic Beverages *this is an alcohol-free retreat*