Join Seane and friends in South Dakota for her 2nd annual “Learning & Listening Tour” into the Holy Land of the Lakota and the Cheyenne!
We are thrilled to be able to offer this journey once again. Our trip to South Dakota this past July was so incredible, we hope that more of you are able to join us for this rich immersion, with an added focus on the Cheyenne tribal culture.
We will learn the history of the Native People from those who are directly affected, including the social and cultural impact that governmental interference, oppression, discrimination and genocide have had on their community. We will also learn about the enduring power of their traditions, lifeways, stories, sacred practices and ceremony.
This tour will feature Chairman Brandon Sazue of the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe, who stood on the front lines at Standing Rock and has emerged as one of the most prominent leaders in Indian Country. We are honored that Cheyenne Sun Dance Priest and Elder, Don Shoulderblade, will also share insights with us. Shoulderblade served as Keeper of the Northern Cheyenne Sacred Bundle, Ésevone, and is a recognized Spiritual Leader and healer. Barbara Braided Hair, Shoulderblade’s niece, is an enrolled member of the Northern Cheyenne Tribe and resides with her family on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation. Barbara straddles two worlds as a proud member of her tribe and a business woman and activist. She was blessed to learn the language fluently, as well as, the customs and traditions. This way of life has been passed down to her children and now her grandchildren. Barbara has worked in various capacities for the Northern Cheyenne Tribe. To learn more about Barbara, click here.
Shoulderblade’s nephew, Rain Bear Stands Last, who authored the Piikani Blackfoot Nation’s The Grizzly: A Treaty of Cooperation, Cultural Revitalization and Restoration, now the most signed tribal treaty in history, will lead the tour.
In our daily yoga practice with Seane, we will integrate what we are witnessing and experiencing on this very unique cultural immersion into the sacred Black Hills!
Satya Retreats is thrilled to be partnering with Go Native America to create a unique journey through this land.
Enter the Circle and learn the Native mantra of Mitakuye Oyasin – We Are All Related
Space is limited and will likely sell fast! Your $500 Non-Refundable “Placeholder” deposit will secure your spot!
To view our itinerary, click here Itinerary subject to change.
Chairman Brandon Sazue
of the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe
Barbara Braided Hair
of the Northern Cheyenne Tribe
Cheyenne Sun Dance Priest and Elder
Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching that incorporates both the physical and mystical aspects of the practice of yoga. Her classes integrate dynamic vinyasa flow asana (linking movement with breath) with the application of precise alignment, meditation, visualization, intention and prayer to create an inner journey towards healing and empowerment.
To read more about Seane, visit: www.seanecorn.com
- 6 Night’s Accommodations in Rapid City and the Black Hills (May 25 & 30 in Rapid City, May 26-30 in the Black Hills)
- Daily early morning coffee/tea service
- Daily Vegetarian Meals, with the exception of 1 lunch & 1 dinner which is “on your own”
- Daily Yoga Practice with Seane + Processing Circle time
- 5 full day tours to cultural, historical and spiritual sites. led by our expert Cheyenne guide (Go Native America) ** this year we have added 3 Cheyenne individuals who will serve as “special guests” on the tour, each offering their unique expertise on various topics (see itinerary for details)
- 2 Trip Managers to support and manage the week’s events
- Gratuities for group meals (6 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 5 dinners)
- All ground transportation (two 12 passenger vans)
- Round Trip Airport transfers compliments of Rapid City Hotel on arrival & departure days – please arrange with Front Desk
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities For Daily Housekeeping at both hotels (suggested tipping: $3 Per Person/Per Day = $18 Total Per Person for 6 days). This is standard, yet optional. Please give what you feel comfortable giving
- Gratuities for guides. Please give what you feel comfortable giving
- 1 Lunch & 1 Dinners
- Alcoholic Beverages ** this is an alcohol-free retreat**
[formidable id=27 title=true description=true]