Sacred journey through Northern India with Seane Corn!
Sunday February 11th to Thursday February 22nd, 2018
With Seane Corn
Join Seane for a unique and sacred journey through Northern India!
Our adventure will both commence and conclude in the colorful and bustling city of Delhi! Visit mosques, shop, and take a thrilling ride through old Delhi in a rickshaw…
Our daily yoga & meditation practices with Seane will be thoughtfully led, supporting us in the integration of all that we are experiencing during this once in a lifetime journey to the Motherland!
A trip to Haridwar follows, which translates to “Gateway to Gods,” and is considered a very important Hindu pilgrimage center. From Haridwar we will travel to Rishikesh, the birthplace of Yoga! Located in the foothills of the Himalayas, Rishikesh is known as the ‘Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas’ and ‘Yoga Capital of the World. Here we will visit sacred temples, ashrams, local markets and so much more! We will have the privilege of attending evening prayer rituals & ceremonies on the river Ganges.
Our journey then takes us to Vrindavan, a center of Krishna worship. Vrindavan is a town in the Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh. It is the site where Lord Krishna spent his childhood days.
From there, we will travel to the holy city of Varanasi for the final portion of our trip! One of the world’s oldest continually inhabited cities, and one of the holiest in Hinduism, the fascinating land of Varanasi has been the ultimate pilgrimage spot for Hindus for ages. Intimate rituals of life and death take place in public, and the sights, sounds and smells are like no other.
We will be accompanied by expert local guides throughout the entire trip to ensure a smooth, comfortable and authentic experience, and will enjoy delicious local cuisine, among many other adventures!
We look forward to creating rich memories and to opening our hearts and minds to this ancient, spiritual culture where our beloved Yoga first began!
Please click here if you are interested in joining an optional tour to Southern India with Satya Retreats
- All airport transfers included on travel days (Feb 11th and Feb 22nd)
- 11 nights total accommodations, including all taxes (we will be staying at 6 different hotels during this trip, please contact Satya Retreats for more info)
- All meals, beginning with breakfast on February 12th, and ending with breakfast on February 22nd
- Daily yoga practice with Seane! Please bring your own mat and any props you need
- Local guide throughout the entire trip
- Satya Retreats onsite manager throughout the entire trip
- Private air-conditioned tour bus for portions of our tour (see itinerary)
- Fresh drinking water provided while on tour bus
- Local transportation for certain portions of the trip (tuk tuk, local cars/jeeps, etc)
- Domestic flights w/in India (Rishikesh-Delhi on 2/18, Delhi-Varanasi-Delhi on 2/20 & 2/22)
- All entrance fees to sites as per tour itinerary
- Lecture/class on the history of yoga, special yoga class with local teacher, lecture/class on Ayurveda
- All gratuities included for housekeeping, included meals, drivers and guides
- All applicable taxes
- Not included: International airfare, travel insurance, travel visa & immunization fees, ayurvedic spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, additional and extra activities/excursions
[formidable id=17 title=true description=true]