“It’s that mind-heart connection that I believe compels us to not just be attentive to all the bright and dazzling things but also the dark and difficult things.” ~ Bryan Stevenson
Everyone in America is affected by race and racism. Race in America is a Learning and Listening immersion to support the understanding of this complex and provocative topic through the lens of the systems, structures and ideas that keep it alive and well.
Through lecture, discussion, and experience at historically relevant sites in Birmingham and Montgomery, AL, we will examine the institution of slavery, the Civil War and Jim Crow periods, the Civil Rights movement, and the white supremacy and black liberation movements of today.
Join Nikki Myers and Seane Corn for this 7 day immersion into Birmingham, Montgomery and Selma! Some of the sites we will visit include: the Equal Justice Initiative’s Legacy Museum and National Memorial for Peace & Justice, The Rosa Parks & Freedom Riders Museums, Lynch Park, the Edmund Pettus Bridge and the Lowndes Interpretive Center on our day trip to Selma, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Civil Rights Memorial, Black Lives Matter and more. We will also have some incredible guest speakers joining us.
Our daily yoga practices with Seane and Nikki will serve to integrate our experiences across our bodies, mind, energy, character and heart.
Race in America is a journey of education, inspiration, healing, and celebration that will ultimately move us closer to our individual and collective healing.
Satya Retreats is excited to offer this unique cultural immersion once again in collaboration with Altruvistas! Satya Retreats and Altruvistas are partnering to create a personal and transformative experience that will last a lifetime.
To view our itinerary, click here. Itinerary subject to change.
Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching that incorporates both the physical and mystical aspects of the practice of yoga. Her classes integrate dynamic vinyasa flow asana (linking movement with breath) with the application of precise alignment, meditation, visualization, intention and prayer to create an inner journey towards healing and empowerment.
To read more about Seane, visit: www.seanecorn.com
- 7 night’s accommodations including all taxes in Birmingham & Montgomery
- 2 meals each day as specified on itinerary (B/L/D)
- Daily Yoga and several Processing Circles with Nikki & Seane
- Onsite Satya Retreats Trip Manager for the week
- Tour Bus as needed on most days
- Local Guides/Docents as needed
- Entrance to Museums, Memorials, Institutes & Churches
- Lectures/Special Guest Speakers & Workshops as scheduled throughout the trip
- Tips for provided meals, bellhop at hotels, drivers and local guides
- Transfers to BHM Airport for last day (10/14)
- Air in/out of Birmingham (BHM) Airports on 10/7 & 10/14
- Airport transfer on arrival day (10/7) from BHM Airport to hotel
- 1 Meal per day (as per itinerary) Gratuities for housekeeping. (Suggested/standard tip is $3/day per person.) Please give what you feel comfortable and inspired to give, always optional.
- Gratuities for meals not include and any “extra” activities/outings.
- Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic Beverages *this is an alcohol-free retreat*
Rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis. **Single rooms limited, mostly double occupancy**
Your $500 Non-Refundable “Placeholder” deposit will secure your spot!
If you prefer to share your room we will do our best to match you with a roommate. If we are unable to do so a supplement may apply.
*Below Prices are per person*
Double Package = $2872 per person
Single Package = $3508 per person
We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By purchasing a comprehensive plan, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel after the said cancellation deadline. Please refer to our Travel Insurance Tab for a reputable company.
A $500 Non-Refundable “placeholder” deposit will secure your spot!
You are welcome to either pay the $500 non-refundable placeholder deposit, or you may also opt to pay for your retreat in full.
- If you pay the non-refundable $500 placeholder deposit then the balance is due on or before July 9th, 2018
- Full retreat payment due by July 9th, 2018
- No refunds or cancellations after July 9th, 2018
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By purchasing a comprehensive plan, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel after the said cancellation deadline. Please refer to our Travel Insurance Tab for a reputable company.
Please read through the Terms & Conditions agreement before registering for this retreat. The agreement will open in new window.
Thank you for taking the time to read through, agree to, and respect our terms and conditions. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to offering you our very best in the way of service, support and attention as you prepare for your retreat!
We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By investing in a comprehensive plan at the time you commit to your retreat, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel for any reason.