A Yogi’s Journey: An Exploration of Northern India with Carrington Jackson
Saturday, November 2nd – Wednesday, November 13th, 2019
With Carrington Jackson
Upon walking through the doors of India for the first time, Carrington realized that India isn’t just a country on a map or even a plot of land on the planet. It is in essence a higher intelligence… a divine entity in and of itself. Each city providing a specialized function to her existence. The rivers giving life as arteries and veins. The often burnt flavor to the air generated from the fire in her underbelly, giving both proof of life and death. And the people of India who serve as the cells of this celestial body, making all the intricacies of her existence alchemize in purpose.
She was initiated into India by the person who taught her what yoga, and ultimately spirit, was all about, Seane Corn. And now she’d like to offer the same opportunity to others.
Join Carrington on a journey through the birthplace of yoga to explore and understand India from the inside out. We’ll participate in lectures, observe prayer services, attend cultural events and build relationships that contribute to a deeper knowing of who we are, and can be, in the mindful life-giving practice of yoga. Daily practices will serve as both modes of healing and opportunities for processing and integration.
Of all the unknowns that traveling brings, one thing is certain… you will be forever changed.
To view our itinerary, click here. Itinerary subject to change.
Click here to read more about Fly for India, the wonderful tour company we are partnering with!
Over the last 20+ years, Carrington’s study and practice of yoga has been a diverse journey through Bikram, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Vinyasa, and everything in between. Carrington began teaching in 2010 and is E-RYT 500 certified. Her classes are a canvas of power, prayer, and presence, intertwined with messages of spirit, magic, and social responsibility. On a physical level, her teaching practice is about piecing together the individual parts of the body into the more powerful whole. On a soulful level, her passion both on and off the mat is in helping others find their voice and own their power through the many classes and workshops she teaches. On a collective level, the purpose of her teaching is to correlate yoga on and off the mat, ultimately paving the way from the I to the WE.
She travels with international yoga teacher Seane Corn as one of her assistants and serves as both faculty and Yoga In Action Coordinator for Off The Mat Into The World, regional leader for CTZNWELL and is a lululemon legacy ambassador. Having gratefully learned from many teachers over the years, a few teachers that have influenced her personal and teaching practices are Seane Corn, Marianne Williamson, Rev angel KYODO williams, Ainslie Macleod, Carolyn Myss and of course the greatest teacher of all, life.
To read more about Carrington:
- All airport transfers included on travel days (November 2nd and November 13th)
- 11 nights total accommodations, including all taxes (we will be staying at 6 different hotels during this trip, please contact Satya Retreats for more info)
- All meals, beginning with breakfast on Nov 3rd, and ending with breakfast on Nov 13th
- Daily yoga practice with Carrington! Please bring your own mat and any props you need
- Local guide throughout the entire trip
- Private air-conditioned tour bus for portions of our tour
- Fresh drinking water provided while on tour bus
- Local transportation for certain portions of the trip (tuk tuk, local cars/jeeps, etc)
- Domestic flights w/in India
- All entrance fees to sites as per tour itinerary
- Lecture/class on Ayurveda
- All gratuities included for included meals, hotel bellhop & drivers
- All applicable taxes
- Not included: International airfare, travel insurance, travel visa & any immunization fees, ayurvedic spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, and any additional or extra activities/excursions.