2nd Annual “Yoga of 12 Step Recovery” Cultural Immersion in Havana, Cuba with Nikki Myers!
Saturday May 5th, to Friday, May 11th, 2018
With Nikki Myers
Join us for 5 incredible Days in Cuba!
Since our inaugural Y12SR Cuba Immersion to Havana this past May, all we can think about is returning, in the hopes that more of you can join us this time! Please join us for an amazing adventure that includes a Havana immersion, connecting with the Cuban 12-step recovery community and the Cuban yoga community, daily Y12SR meetings and practices, and so much more.
In addition, we will spend the week learning about the art, dance, music, history, social justice and politics within this “off-limits” island. Prepare to absorb and grow. We will weave daily Y12SR practices into this experience in one of the most fascinating cities in the world! Engage with and come to understand the Cuban people and walk away with a deeper understanding of Cuba’s story – past, present and future.
Satya Retreats is excited to offer this unique cultural immersion once again in collaboration with Altruvistas! Satya Retreats and Altruvistas are partnering to create a personal and transformative experience that will last a lifetime.
Our goal is to provide an ethical, comprehensive, educational and philanthropic travel experience so that you can have the adventure of a lifetime: a culturally insightful, engaging, comfortable, and worry-free journey that synergistically benefits the local economy, your hosts, important causes— and even highlights the good work you are doing in the world!
Join Nikki Myers, Satya Retreats & Altruvistas for an intimate immersion into the culture and recovery community of Havana, Cuba!
** This will be an intimate cultural immersion into Y12SR in Havana with Nikki and space is limited **
This is a licensed people to people tour and compliant with current OFAC travel restrictions governing Cuba travel. We are aware of current and potential changes in policies around travel to Cuba, our group travel and this trip will not be affected by these changes.
Nikki Myers developed Yoga of 12-Step Recovery (Y12SR) in 2004. Nikki is an accomplished yoga therapist, teacher and somatic experiencing practitioner. She is the founder of CITYOGA School of Yoga and Health in Indianapolis, IN. From her personal struggles with addiction, Nikki is quick to tell the world, “The 12-step program and Yoga saved my life – one is my lifeboat, the other my launching pad.”
To read more about Nikki, visit: www.y12sr.com
- Round Trip Charter Air from Miami-Havana-Miami on May 6 & May 11
- VIP Check in with Altruvistas in Miami on May 6
- Cuban Visa & Cuban Health Insurance
- Round Trip Airport Transfer in Havana
- 5 Night’s Accommodations in Havana in a private home
- 2 Meals Per Day (Daily Breakfast, and either Lunch or Dinner)
- Daily Y12SR With Nikki each morning
- Daily 12 Step Meetings with local recovery community in Havana
- Daily tours & activities with English speaking local guides
- Lecture offered by local historian/architect on Havana
- Bottled drinking water on bus while touring
- Trip Manager to support and manage the week’s events
- Gratuities for Drivers and Local Guides for the week
- Gratuities for wait staff at included meals
- Talk on the History of Yoga in Cuba with celebrated Cuban Yoga Teacher, Eduardo Pimentel
- Special Yoga teachings & exchange with local Cuban teachers
- Salsa Class
- Entrance Fees to Museums
- NGO Visit Donations
- Walking/Guided tour of Old Havana
- Additional cultural events TBD – exact schedule TBD closer to departure
- Air to/from Miami not included– we will gather in Miami on the eve of May 5, and will take a flight together from Miami to Havana on the morning of May 6
- Cuban Departure Tax ($25 USD per person)
- Travel Insurance – strongly recommended, see travel insurance tab
- Miami Hotel (Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Hotel recommended) 1 night – May 5 – Miami hotel, meals and tips not included for May 5th and 6th
- 1 Meal each day – either lunch or dinner – 2 daily meals are included in your package
- Cabs home each night from 12 Step Meetings
- Gratuities for housekeeping staff at private home
- Additional excursions not listed on itinerary & any extras, club entrance fees, etc. – estimated at $5-$25 per person
**Itinerary is subject to change – Daily Schedule will be finalized closer to departure **
**All Accommodations for this trip are Double Occupancy**
**Space is limited and will likely sell fast! We are offering 10 spots.
Your initial $500 place-holder deposit is Non-Refundable
We will do our best to match you with a roommate unless you specify otherwise.
*Below Pricing is per person*
Double: $3950 via check & $4076 via Pay Pal
We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By purchasing a comprehensive plan, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel after the said cancellation deadline. Please refer to our Travel Insurance Tab for a reputable company.
Please fill out and submit the Contact Information Form below before making your payment and read through the Terms & Conditions agreement before registering for this retreat. The agreement will open in a new window. Thank you.
Be sure to fill out all form fields or your form will not go through. When the form is complete and you click the send button, a message will appear stating “Your contact info has been sent!” If you do not see this message, check that all form fields are filled out properly.
You will also receive an automatically generated email thanking you for sending your contact information (check in your spam folder if you do not receive it).
If you have any questions or you believe your registration is not going through, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out and submit the registration form before making your payment and read through the Terms & Conditions agreement before registering for this retreat. The agreement will open in a new window. Thank you.
Space is limited and will likely sell fast! A $500 Non-Refundable “placeholder” deposit will secure your spot!
You are welcome to either pay the $516 non-refundable placeholder deposit (includes $16 PayPal fee), or you may also opt to pay for your retreat in full.
- Final balance due by March 5th, 2018
- No refunds, changes or cancellations after March 5th, 2018
- Payments can be made via PayPal
- Checks accepted, we are California based, so please allow plenty of time for the US Postal Service to deliver – for our mailing address, please check the contact tab.
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By purchasing a comprehensive plan, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel after the said cancellation deadline. Please refer to our Travel Insurance Tab for a reputable company.
Pay $516 non-refundable deposit here, includes $16 paypal fee
Non-Refundable Place Holder Deposit:
Pay Full Balance Here:
Please read through the Terms & Conditions agreement before registering for this retreat. The agreement will open in new window.
Thank you for taking the time to read through, agree to, and respect our terms and conditions. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to offering you our very best in the way of service, support and attention as you prepare for your retreat!
We recommend purchasing travel insurance. None of us can predict unexpected events in our lives: illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, etc. By investing in a comprehensive plan at the time you commit to your retreat, you will ensure being covered in full should you need to cancel for any reason.
To sign up or for more information please fill out the form below or email us at Satya Retreats email@example.com
To read more about Nikki, please click here: www.y12sr.com
If you are sending payment via check, please make out to and mail to:
4232 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94619